Planning Enforcement Officer/Planner
Up to £32,910.00 per annum plus excellent Local Government benefits
Hours: 37 per week – flexi-time
Location: Predominantly home based
We have an exciting opportunity to join our forward thinking and innovative council supporting the borough of Allerdale, which is in close proximity to the Lake District National Park.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Planning Enforcement Officer (permanent post) and a full time Planner (fixed term post for 9 months).
As a Planner for Allerdale within the Development Management Team, you would manage a caseload of minor and major applications/appeals and provide advice to applicants, councillors and members of the public.
As a Planning Enforcement Officer, you will investigate complaints regarding breaches of planning legislation and resolving problems.
Key benefits of working for us:-
- Flexible working – no set start and finish times with the majority of the role worked from home
- Starting annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum plus bank holidays rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Option to purchase additional annual leave and accrue further leave via the Council’s flexi-time policy
- Generous pension scheme
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme
- Family friendly initiatives such as enhanced maternity allowance, occupational maternity/paternity/adoption pay, shared parental leave and childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Essential car user allowance paid monthly (in addition to mileage)
- Car lease scheme
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling services
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted optical care
- The opportunity to take 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Free parking
- Relocation package available (subject to T&C’s)
For further information / how to apply
Please visit www.allerdale.gov.uk by clicking on the 'Apply Button' for further information and details on how to apply.
Unfortunately, we do not accept CV’s, we are asking for all interested candidates to complete a job application form which can be found on our website.
We will not be able to contact all candidates that have applied, therefore if you do not hear from us within 1 week of the closing date, unfortunately you have not been successful for interview.
Closing date: 14th November 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application.