We are on the lookout for candidates in the Birmingham area for a high profile consultancy at the level of:
Associate & Senior Associate vacancy details
Our client a UK national Property & Planning consultancy are on the lookout for either an Associate Planner or Senior Associate to join them in either their Birmingham or Manchester offices.
Their Manchester and Birmingham offices are closely linked and due to significantly growth in work, they are now open to considering suitable candidates.
Their Town Planning team has specialised knowledge and a proven track record in the planning system across all sectors throughout the UK.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be conducting and managing planning activities having the ability to provide professional advice direct to clients plus the day to day management of projects including project planning, reviews, WiP/invoicing and debts..
Whilst maintaining and developing technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise you will run the management of projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines in accord with the QA system.
You will have the ability to manage the quality control of output of projects in accord with the approved QA system including preparing project plans and fee agreements. Whilst also contributing to the development and management of the wider business including work winning and marketing and client management in support of Partner.
You will also have:
- Ability to represent clients at public meetings.
- Strong professional report writing skills.
- Management of immediate staff including timesheets, holidays, CPD and training.
- Supervision of junior members of staff.
- Maintaining a thorough technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise.
- Maintaining professional membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Responsible for contributing to own continuing professional development through attendance at appropriate training courses and internal CPD sessions and wider reading.
You will also have control of projects, maintain client contacts in respect of project working and ensure that the quality of advice and work meets the required standard.
Having already gained Planning experience of 5-10 years experience which must include a commercial setting, mainly in the Private Sector, you will also have:
- Proven track record in working with clients and consultant teams
Whats on offer?
A very competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Car allowance
- Holiday entitlement starting from 26 days holiday rising to 28 (plus public holidays)
- BUPA membership
- 50% contribution towards gym membership
- 4% pension contribution rising to 5%
- DIS of 2 x salary.
Senior Planner vacancy details
Our client, a leading UK consultancy who’s ethos is in sustainable planning are looking for a Senior Planner to join their newly set up Birmingham Office.
The candidate will be working on a range of projects spread out in areas such as Birmingham and West Midlands, on a range of projects.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will contribute to planning projects by producing documents and briefings and act as day to day manager of small to medium projects under supervision.
You will work on projects including:
- Residential developments/ back land and in fill sites
- Affordable housing schemes
- Green belt development on PDL/replacement dwellings
- Barn conversions
- Class Q Applications
- Farm Diversification projects
- Mixed use town centre schemes
- Conversions of offices to residential
- Confidential scheme for the military – NDA signed – maybe shouldn’t mention.
- Some strategic promotion/experience of submitting reps to local plan reviews would be beneficial.
- Redevelopment of existing hotel site for commercial/logistics use.
You will also:
- Promoting large scale residential and mixed use developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) through the Local Development Framework and by coordinating professional teams to submit applications
- Developing client relationships and generating work
- Co-ordination of project teams and project management
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for clients
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Preparation of planning and economic statements
- Policy representations
- Organise own time with general guidance from Director
- Establish project brief from project manager
- Carry out day to day project management of small to medium projects
- Represent clients through appeals, inquiries, public meetings, planning committees and the LDF process
- Lead the production of documents for small to medium scale projects (planning submissions, design and access statements, planning statements)
- Draft documents and briefings for large projects
This role is targeted at candidates with an interest in broadening their experience of planning and being closely involved with interesting projects and clients. Key requirements are:
- MRTPI and/or MRICS, ideally with 2-5 years’ post-qualification experience.
- An enjoyment of writing, with excellent language skills and ability to effectively communicate planning arguments.
- A proven ability to multi-task, across many projects, helping to steer the team’s workload, managing projects capably – and reporting to directors, associate directors and associates in this team.
- A willingness and enthusiasm for mentoring and guiding junior planning and graduate level colleagues.
For all roles
What’s on offer?
This TOP Planning Consultancy are offering a competitive salary and benefits package which is subject to negotiation and dependent on your experience to date.
This is a great opportunity to join a TOP consultancy at the pinnacle of planning and development in the UK! To find out more information please call Rob Hanks on 03333 48234 / 07855 276123 for a confidential discussion or email [email protected]
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.