Lincolnshire is growing places, Lincolnshire County Council is committed to an ambitious vision for the county in which sustainable development and low carbon technology are at its heart.This is a pivotal period for planning as it embraces the challenge of climate change and post COVID recovery, along with proposed government reform.
About the Role
This position will suit someone willing to immerse themselves in the policy issues facing a rapidly changing world. This will include assisting district councils with their Local Plans, commenting on planning applications and responding to government policy documents. The role is varied and challenging and you will have the opportunity to broaden your skills through training and development to support your progression in the planning profession. We are looking for someone with the creativity and flexibility to tackle the climate crisis head on, working with a range of partners to deliver our agenda.
About the Team
We are a small team based in Lincoln but covering the entire county. We offer a large and varied geographical canvas for you to engage with, including the beautiful cathedral city of Lincoln, attractive market towns and unspoilt countryside. You will be part of an integrated team responsible for planning policy, infrastructure and developer contributions.
What are we looking for?
- An individual with a keen interest, experience and knowledge of planning and policy interventions.
- Experience of preparing development plans
- A willingness to broaden knowledge and experience, especially when embracing planning reform
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A self-starter who is able to work across a variety of topics.
About our Offer
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory defined benefit pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Civil service sports council membership
- Flexible working policies including the possibility of remote working subject to agreement
- Career progression opportunities
- An annual leave entitlement of up to 28 days plus the option to buy more
- Lease car scheme
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact; Phil Hughes.
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications Close on 15/11/2021 and interviews will be held W/C 29/11/2021.