PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support and manage planning input required to promote and deliver the Company’s Strategic development sites.
To assist in the identification and promotion of new strategic development opportunities and provide advice to the Strategic Land & Development Director and Regional Director (Strategic Planning) as required.
- Support and manage the promotion of strategic development sites through the planning system.
- Coordinate preparation of planning submissions, including planning applications, EIAs, planning appeals etc.
- Prepare Local Plan/LDF and other representations to local authorities.
- Monitor compliance with and discharge of planning conditions.
- Manage and instruct consultants to an agreed scope of works.
- Prepare and manage consultant budgets for identified projects.
- Produce planning reports for potential development sites.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with relevant external organisations, including attendance at public consultation and stakeholder events.
- Monitor Central, Regional and Local Government policies, guidance and advice.
- Provide advice and assistance to colleagues and trainees on planning matters.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
All applicants must be MRTPI qualified. A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience in consultancy or development company will be expected, with candidates demonstrating strategic land/site appraisal/negotiation/communication skills and knowledge of planning/legal process.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated professional to propel their career to the next level, within a clientside role. As a result of your dedication, you will be rewarded with a remuneration package in the region of £55k - £65k depending on experience, plus benefits.
If you are interested in this job, please apply now. Alternatively you can call me for an informal discussion about it - 07894229847
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in Planning, please do send your CV to me (CJ Obi) - [email protected]