Salary: £27,741- £29,577 (Grade F) with market factor to £32,234 - £33,782 (Grade G)
Hours: 37 hours per week - Contract: Permanent
Job Ref: PSFG
We are looking for a qualified Planning Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will be experienced in Development Management with an up to date knowledge of national and local planning policy, case law and legislation and an ability to produce well-researched and justified planning reports and pre-application advice. It is essential you can handle your own case-load which will consist of a range of planning applications and appeals.
We encourage applications from experienced Planners with strong professional skills, sound planning judgement and a good eye for design, as well as a commitment to customer care. The successful candidate will play an essential part in ensuring that the Council’s performance record is maintained and that there is ongoing improvement in the delivery of the service.
For more information on the post, please contact [email protected]
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please view our website and download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to [email protected] quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date for applications Monday 29 November 2021 at 9am.
Interviews w/c 6 December 2021.