Divisional Planner – Ringwood
As the UK’s leading developer and manager of retirement communities, we have more than 40 years experience of providing high-quality homes to exacting specifications. We’ve created over 58,000 age-exclusive retirement properties – apartments, bungalows, coach houses, and cottages – in more than 1,300 developments across the UK.
At McCarthy Stone, we believe that retirement living involves much more than simply deciding to move into a new home that’s better suited to our customers’ needs. It’s also an opportunity for them to embrace a new way of life, to have the freedom to live a lifestyle with more choices and more time to do the things they enjoy.
We have an opportunity in our Southern Division Office based in Ringwood, on the edge of the New Forest and close to Bournemouth, supporting the delivery of planning permissions for our retirement housing developments in South West England and South Wales through preparing, presenting and negotiating planning permissions.
As a Retirement Housing developer, we differ from most national house builders in principally being involved in regenerating brownfield sites close to town centres. Therefore, the role offers exciting and varied challenges for RTPI qualified planners or planners working towards qualification looking to further their knowledge and their experience as the successful candidate will be involved in the whole process from planning policy to design and delivery. It is also an exciting time for McCarthy Stone as we look to offer more options in our product offerings, including different ways of delivering care and affordability in our schemes and more urban villages whilst addressing sustainability and climate change.
You will work closely with the Divisional Team and external consultants including land buyers, architects, surveyors, construction and sales staff along with the specialists necessary to identify and acquire suitable sites for our developments and then progressing our planning applications through preparation to submission and successful achievement of planning consents.
- Be responsible for instructing and managing external consultants, on specific issues/proposals as and when necessary.
- Support Group and Divisional Land, Planning and Development teams.
- Work independently in driving forward often complex projects and planning policy matters with the ability to seek support as necessary.
- Town Planning Degree or Diploma with membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
- GCSE level or equivalent essential (min. A-C in English and Mathematics) CSCS Card
- Substantial post qualification experience. Ideally at Senior Officer level in a Local Authority. Some private practice experience is also desirable
- Strong understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality about all Company and role related information
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Outlook, and familiar with planning viability models/software
- Excellent planning, project management and decision-making capability.
- Excellent relationship management skills: calm under pressure including during interaction with internal and external stakeholders as well as the ability to build rapport and secure the buy-in of others
- Able to travel and work flexible hours to fulfil the requirement of the role
- Flexible working between home and office
- Competitive salary
- Car/Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Generous Pension scheme
- Professional Subscription paid
- Starting at 24 days annual leave
- 2 Volunteering days
“Our purpose at McCarthy Stone is to champion the role, wellbeing and happiness of older people in society. We aim to create a better understanding and appreciation of older people and play our part in helping them to live happy and healthy lives. To support our purpose we require all of our front-line colleagues and those in care and support to be fully vaccinated in line with the government policy on care homes. If you are applying for one of our front-line roles please be prepared to provide evidence of your vaccination status on successful application.”
To apply click on the 'Apply Button'