An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for an award-winning company, taking forward a wide portfolio of general planning consultancy project work; including residential schemes, town expansion, retail, renewable energy, commercial, rural and heritage related developments
- Evaluating all types of planning applications, but in particular large and complex applications.
- Preparing reports on development proposals and other applications.
- Preparing evidence and representing the Client at planning or enforcement appeals, whether dealt with by written representations, hearings or public inquiries.
- Keeping up to date with legislation, Government guidance and best practice in all areas of Planning.
- Developing and expanding client base, which will include writing proposals for new projects/clients and preparation of tender responses.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- The ability to communicate well
- A good understanding of current planning law and practice
- Excellent negotiation skills including the ability to resolve conflicts
- Extensive project management experience
- With the support of the company, the ability to seek and develop your own client base for the wider good as well as the ability to maintain current client relationships.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interface professionally and socially with a variety of different professional groups
- Ability to manage time and resources efficiently and handle demanding
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and experienced professional to propel their career to the next level. The company is offering a very competitive remuneration package, circa £38,000 - £47,000 depending on experience, in addition to full benefits.
If you are interested in this job, please apply now, alternatively you can call me for an informal discussion about it - 07894229847
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in Planning, please do send your CV to me (CJ Obi) – [email protected]