PLANNER, SENIOR OR PRINCIPAL PLANNER
ABOUT AXIOM PLANNING:
We are the country’s preeminent planning consultancy specialising in the delivery of countryside homes of exceptional quality under NPPF Paragraph 80. Proudly, we secured the country’s first new home of exceptional quality in the open countryside under Paragraph 80, based in Kent, and are currently leading on over 13 active Paragraph 80 developments across the country.
In addition to our Paragraph 80e projects, we are leading on numerous mixed-use developments throughout the rural environment. This includes the creation of a creative centre and associated live-work units, high-quality barn conversions and residential redevelopments located within villages.
Working out of a beautiful office in Micheldever Station, Hampshire, we work proactively with leading architectural practices across the Country to ensure that as a team, we deliver exceptional work for our clients.
As chartered members of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) we are experienced planning professionals who uphold the highest ethical standards. Our straight shooting, pragmatic approach enables us to competently navigate complex issues and deliver successful solutions for our clients. Having worked on a wide range of projects over numerous years, we have an excellent track record in securing consent for our clients.
Most importantly, we take care of our own. Our team enjoy some of the best employee benefits in combination with industry leading levels of holiday. We use the best technology available and focus on providing an excellent work environment.
This is a full-time position.
Joining a dynamic and successful firm means your contribution and involvement will be wide-ranging and meaningful. In addition to delivering existing work streams and projects, we will empower and support you to attract new clients, projects and broaden the firm’s reach.
- You will get involved with all forms of planning work, including
- Site visits, in some of the most beautiful parts of the country
- Research and report writing
- Preparation and management of pre-application and full application submissions across a range of high-end residential projects
- Fielding new enquiries and assisting with the preparation of fee proposals
- Generating new business and broadening client relationships
- Supporting other team members in a mentoring and knowledge sharing capacity, where appropriate
- Supporting the general running of the firm by carrying out administrative tasks as needed
You will work on a wide range of projects which will include taking lead on numerous projects of your own. We will encourage and support your personal development through the provision of structured guidance and training. Successful candidates should be able to self-motivate and demonstrate high levels of professionalism.
We take great pride in being subject-matter experts and will support your professional development.
With offices located in Micheldever Station, Winchester, we offer unrivalled IT facilities and high-quality workspaces to enable flexible working. We spare no expense when it comes to looking after our team. The role allows homeworking which is facilitated by our class leading IT equipment to ensure you remain connected at all times. Living within a commutable distance of our office is desirable, but not essential.
It is essential the candidate has the following;
- A willingness to learn and a desire to provide excellent work. Attention to detail is critical.
- Demonstrate strong report-writing, communication and organisation skills for liaising with colleagues, clients, architects, consultants, and members of the public
- Able to carry out detailed research and convey information clearly
- Be a Chartered Town Planner and demonstrate a strong understanding of planning policy and legal precedents. (Candidates pro-actively working towards Chartered membership of the RTPI will also be considered, providing they have adequate experience within the planning sector)
- Good time management skills and an ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
- Competitive starting salary (depending on skills and experience - up to £53,000)
- Annual Bonus (up to 10% of salary)
- RTPI membership fees paid
- Private Pension
- Private Medical Cover
- Holiday Entitlement - 30/31 days plus Bank Holidays and your birthday (increasing with length of service)
- Cinema Tickets (x2) every month
- Team events / outings
You will receive a full suite of brand new IT equipment, including a class leading Apple MacBook, Apple iPad, Apple iPhone and External Monitor for home working.
Please email Daniel Gender-Sherry (Planning Director) at email@example.com with a copy of your CV, and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role.