Planning Consultant opportunities
Location: Lewes (near Brighton)
Essentials for the role include membership of the RTPI (or working towards), or MRICS with relevant planning experience; Post-graduate experience, in a consultancy or public sector role. The successful candidate will also already have the Right to Work in the UK.
Parker Dann Town Planning Consultancy is recruiting for up to 2 roles at Planner or Senior Planner level, to join our small friendly team.
Established in 1985, we are a team of consultants who provide advice on a variety of development and construction projects, and advise on all aspects of the planning system including planning applications, appeals and guidance on the development potential of land. Our office is based in Lewes, East Sussex, however we provide planning consultancy advice to a range of clients throughout London and the South East of England, including landowners, developers and businesses. Our working area includes the South Downs National Park, various AONBs and the city of Brighton & Hove, resulting in a varied client portfolio undertaking a range of planning activities.
About the role
You will lead on relevant planning applications and land promotions and support senior colleagues on new business opportunities and key projects. It is a busy, diverse, and fast paced role where no two days are the same.
Key tasks will include:
- Project Management and submission of complex planning applications
- Preparing planning reports and planning applications including planning statements and appeal statements
- Managing land promotions including liaison with relevant local plans teams
- Actively engaging in the winning of new instructions, alongside servicing existing instructions
- Participating in any relevant planning appeal
- Participating in any relevant local plan Examination in Public
- Undertaking research and analysis
- Undertaking site visits
- Opportunities to be involved in strategic projects
- Keeping informed of relevant planning best practice
- Attending external events and providing presentations
- Assisting Directors in progressing key projects
About the person
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise work and multi-task
- Perseverance and enthusiasm
- The Right to Work in the UK
Preferred skills/qualifications include:
- Member of the RTPI (or working towards), or MRICS with relevant planning experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Post-graduate experience, in a consultancy or public sector role
- Knowledge and experience of planning in South East of England
- Hold a full UK vehicle licence (access to your own vehicle would be favourable, due to the rural location of some of our client sites)
- Salary range: £25,000 – £45,000 Full Time Equivalent (FTE), depending on experience
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank / public holidays, rising with service to a maximum of 28 days
- Christmas/New Year office closure
- Company pension scheme
- One paid annual professional institution membership fee
What we offer
As a small company, you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of planning work, and you will have the opportunity to pursue the types of work that interest you. We support your career development, and reward ambition and achievement with an annual discretionary bonus. We offer a flexible working environment to help our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, currently engaging a hybrid model of around 60% office attendance. Our core office hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm and we try to keep to them, though business needs (e.g. attending Council Planning meetings) might require work outside those hours.
We would be happy to receive applications from planners at any stage in their career provided they are (or are almost) MRTPI/MRICS qualified. Applications for part-time or full-time working are welcome.
To discuss the opportunity informally please contact Kate Halanen on 01273 47865 to arrange a call with one of our Directors. Alternatively, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the deadline of 31st January 2022.