Graduate / Assistant / Planning Officer
Fixed Term Contract/secondment – 12 months
37 hours per week
£22,627 – £27,741 per annum (career graded post)
This is a temporary position to cover the substantive post holder who is on secondment.
This role involves working as part of a team of well supported skilled professional planning officers and handling a busy case load of your own applications too. You will deal with all stages of the development management process giving pre-application advice, making site visits, writing reports, making recommendations, discharging conditions and representing the council in appeals and at committee if appropriate.
- Hybrid working: part at home and part in our office – so you can really feel like part of the team
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
- 48.7% off gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
- Opportunities for career and self-development – including support for professional membership applications
- Skills and knowledge relating to the Planning system. This could be a good first job for a graduate or someone looking to progress from a technical role or for someone looking to return to work – please get in touch to discuss if this is for you.
- You will enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You like helping people. You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you flex.
- You are motivated and have drive. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- The ability to undertake site visits around the District.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification to inform your application and supporting statement.
Closing Date: Sunday 13 February 2022
Interview Date: TBC
For an informal discussion please contact us on 01626 215735.
To apply please click on the 'Apply Button'