Planning Engagement Officer (Local Plan)
£490 per day umbrella rate
Contract until March 2023
My Berkshire-based LPA client are looking for Planning Engagement Officer to assist in the development and delivery of the Council's Statutory and Non-Statutory land use planning documents (Local Plan, Minerals and Waste Plan etc).
- Devise and maintain a (new) narrative for policy planning for the council, including the production of marketing materials.
- Handle media enquiries and create effective news releases to gain positive press coverage
- Develop approaches toward and undertake stakeholder engagement
- Organise engagement events for the service either independently or with partners
- Devise regular engagement events in conjunction with the relevant internal or external providers
- Create media content and manage the planning policy stakeholder database
- Manage the Planning Policy Team's social media accounts and newsletter
In addition to those elements identified within the Person Specification, experience of communications and engagement in a town planning or regeneration area is desirable.
1-2 days in the office per week will be likely, following induction.
Job Ref - 33231
Please call Ben Rose on 02393 876022 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat: