Entrust is a well-established planning and environmental consultancy (since 2008) specialising in infrastructure – primarily, renewable energy and wireless telecommunications. We operate across the UK and Ireland from our offices in Galway and Liverpool. Our Galway office has a requirement for a Senior Planner. This is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious, suitable candidate who may fancy relocating to the West of Ireland for either a change in lifestyle - where they could avail of an excellent quality of life away from our hectic cities - or for a change in career direction - as we are a fast-growing consultancy, offering a unique opportunity to have a very wide-ranging role within the company. In terms of the role itself and the different infrastructure sectors which we operate within, there is a genuine opportunity to rapidly grow your career within the company up to Director level.
The role will involve managing a number of infrastructure planning applications, client interface as well as overseeing and mentoring staff, amongst many other tasks in a busy and dynamic environment. There will be a strong emphasis on developing the business in the energy and telecoms sectors. The role may be of interest to a planner with experience in wind, solar or other renewable energy or the telecoms sector.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate private/public sector experience;
- Chartered Member of the RTPI;
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK/Irish Planning system;
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent report writing skills;
- Solution-focussed attitude;
- Strong project management skills with ability to deliver within project deadlines;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Good analytical skills and IT competency;
- Highly motivated and ambitious in fast-paced working environment;
- Multi-task different projects and work activities;
- Work well with others, both internally and externally.
- Lead planner on projects including liaison with clients;
- Writing and leading on a wide variety of planning applications;
- Writing planning reports for Planning Authorities;
- Project manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals, other stakeholders and project budgets;
- Primary client liaison at all stages of projects;
- Undertake background research, desk studies, site visits and preparing planning assessments and reports;
- Working collaboratively with clients, colleagues and external consultants;
- Ability to analyse planning policy and make recommendations to clients and colleagues;
- Liaising with Planning Authorities and other statutory bodies;
- Assist in writing tenders;
- Business development activities in power distribution/distribution and renewable energy generation;
- Mentoring junior staff members;
- Attendance at meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders.
Remuneration and Benefits;
Working arrangements are flexible; full-time office-based preferable but hybrid will be considered as well as initial remote working. Salary range depending on experience.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brenda in confidence on +353 91 342 510.