Senior Planning Officer
£ £34,373 - £36,371 – per annum
37 hours per week
This role involves supporting a team of skilled professional planning officers and handling a case load of your own applications too. You will deal with all stages of the development management process giving pre-application advice, making site visits, writing reports, making recommendations, discharging conditions and representing the council in appeals and at committee.
- Flexible working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
- Discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
- Opportunities for career and self-development
- Skills and knowledge relating to the Planning system. For this role we would expect you to have some years of experience within a Local Planning Authority and be a member or eligible for RTPI Membership. You will have previously dealt with Major planning applications.
- You will enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You like helping people. You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and are comfortable communicating in person, in writing and on the phone.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you flex.
- You are motivated and have drive. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
You might have:
Supervisory Experience – have you lead a team or acted as a mentor before? In or out of work
Appeals experience – have you led a team at a Planning appeal Hearing or Inquiry?
Closing Date: Sunday 12 June Interview Date: TBC
For an informal discussion please contact Rosalyn Eastman (Business Manager) 01626 215745, Ian Perry (Principal Planning Officer) 01626 215799 or John Douglass (Principal Planning Officer) on 01626 21571.
Apply by clicking on the 'Apply Button'