Aardvark employs a growing team of professionals with a diverse range of skills and experience and continually looking to expand this team to provide project support for single environmental planning issues through to complex project management.
A Senior or Principal Town Planner is sought with a good working knowledge of current environmental planning, law and issues, in particular regulation and legislation in the energy and waste sectors and the drive to lead on projects and apply this knowledge in a consultancy environment.
Candidates will have interests and experience in one or more of the following fields; planning policy advice; preparation and submission of planning applications; pre-application negotiations and master planning; sustainability assessment; environmental impact assessment; waste management; and; renewable energy.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate appropriate technical knowledge in their field, have excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines and within budgetary constraints.
At least 3 to 5 years appropriate experience in planning or property consultancy, or similar, is required and a proven record of working with a range of clients and a record of working within a successful team environment. Project Management experience is a strong advantage.
Hands-on opportunity for the right individual looking for a diverse, challenging role and exposure to new and exciting projects.
- BSc/MSc in Town Planning, Estate Management, Environmental Science, or similar
- Professional qualification - MRTPI, MRICS or similar
- Proven experience of working for either a consultancy, regulator or contractor previously
- Proven experience of leading, managing and delivering successful environmental based development projects
- Sound knowledge of conducting desk studies and undertaking site based work
- Effective communicator
- Committed and motivated with an ability to solve problems independently and collectively
- Desire to learn and expand professional knowledge.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Design and supervision of delivery of environmental based development projects
- Design and supervision of risk assessment/management plans
- Design and supervision of environmental audits and environmental impact assessments
- Project management, preparation and submission of planning applications as well as the environmental supporting information with minimal supervision
- Project management, preparation and submission of planning appeals
- Preparation and submission of consultation responses to new legislation and regulation on behalf of clients
- Providing input into a multi-disciplinary team
- Project managing external sub-contractors and specialised consultants
- Producing internal and external reporting, budget and project updates for Directors and Clients
- Taking on role and responsibility of nominated point of contact in the business for clients on projects
- Identifying new business opportunities, writing proposals and securing contracted business
- Building and managing own client base Mentoring junior team members
Based in West Country and working throughout the UK with flexible home working offered subject to agreement
Aardvark undertakes a wide variety of commercial environmental projects for clients in both the public and private sectors.
Projects focus in particular but not exhaustively on renewable energy (in particular solar PV, wind turbines, anaerobic digestion) and waste management (waste transfer stations, landfill, energy from waste, waste water) sector led projects.
A significant majority of our work is assisting in the transition to a low carbon economy and we see an exciting decade of growth and achievement ahead. If you are a Town Planner and are ready to lead on projects and enjoy taking on responsibility then this could be the role for you.