Specialist Advisor Planning
Grade & Salary: G6, £35,994 rising to £39,369 over four years
Post numbers: 203205
Type of contract: Fixed Term Appointment for 12 months with the possibility of extension
Work pattern: 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes
We are looking for a planner to join our team to help us make a difference to the environment in Wales.
You will work with us to advise Welsh Government on policies, legislation and guidance to help ensure they take good account of the environment.
You will also develop NRW’s own advice and guidance on how best to deliver our responsibilities and duties through the planning system.
You may be a planner or have worked in environmental management with a good knowledge of the planning system.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to land use planning. Welsh, UK Government policy drivers and strategies in land use planning and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpretation of a range of complex land use planning and spatial information and data sources including the preparation of LA development plans, development planning and environmental assessment (SEA, HRA and EIA) processes.
- Working with Welsh Government, PINS, Local Authorities, Designated Landscapes, professional bodies business and sectors.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- You will be a member of RTPI/other environment professional body and/or working towards membership.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required.
Closing date: 10 July 2022.
For more information, please visit our website by clicking on the 'Apply Button'