What you'll be doing?
Our Planning teams manage all areas of the planning process on behalf of the Company. In an ever-changing planning environment, our teams have experience in influencing the formation of planning policy, strategic land promotion, handling the development management regime and implementing community engagement strategies.
As part of this role, you may be working on the identification of future land acquisition opportunities, devising planning promotion strategies, managing consultant teams, drafting statements required for the submission of planning applications and delivering immediate or long term planning projects on a variety of scales. As part of this process, you will be involved in close working with internal land, technical, commercial and sales teams alongside liaising with a variety of planning authorities, local stakeholders and local residents.
Reporting to the Planning Director, you will produce and collate information for planning applications alongside submitting and monitoring their progress. You will also be expected to liaise directly with the planning authority and statutory consultees to progress applications, obtain approvals and discharge conditions.
You will be expected to:
- Manage all facets of the day-to-day promotion of all current planning applications
- Produce required planning documentation, collate supporting technical information and submit planning applications
- Liaise directly with, and respond to the comments of, planning authorities and statutory consultees to ensure the successful outcome of the planning application process
- Manage all external consultants involved in planning applications/promotions
- Liaise with internal project teams to identify opportunities for enhancement on existing sites and then progress the requisite planning application
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
- Undertake community engagements
What you'll need?
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- A Planner (ideally having achieved or working towards RTPI membership) or Chartered Surveyor
- Previous experience with a local authority, house builder or private consultancy
- Experience in planning policy and/or development management
- Excellent communication, project management, influencing and negotiation skills
- Possession of driving license and, ideally, good knowledge of the local area
- Ability to work on their own initiative, self-manage and prioritise own workload
Our Company and Benefits
We’ve been nationally recognised as a 5-star house builder thirteen years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major house builder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Annual Health Assessment
- Private Medical Insurance – Single Cover
- 26 days’ holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years’ continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
To apply click on the 'Apply Button'