Join a growing team to deliver a growing place!
South Norfolk and Broadland Council have an ambitious growth agenda with some significant projects to deliver including large scale residential schemes and urban extensions, key employment sites including enterprise zones, and an emerging local plan for Greater Norwich to deliver against. We recognise that the key to our success is our multi-disciplinary team and we are seeking to grow and expand our existing team.
This is a unique opportunity to drive, shape, influence and be at the forefront of creating high quality places and sustainable new communities. We have various roles available in our newly expanded Development Management team covering a wide range of differing expertise, skills and experience to deal with the scale and level of work coming into the team.
What you could be part of…
We are an ambitious organisation and a dynamic, forward thinking, and proactive multi-disciplinary Development Management team; seeking to deliver against the growth agenda, shaping and creating sustainable communities and protecting and enhancing our rich cultural heritage and landscape.
Covering two council areas around the city of Norwich we have a large growth agenda to deliver against. The two Councils receive circa 4000 planning applications year, covering a diverse area including urban areas, rural areas and vibrant market towns, and serve approximately 260,000 residents and 10,000 businesses across 161 parishes. Our work therefore encompasses both urban and rural planning, residential, retail, commercial and agricultural development.
We also have a significant number of large-scale sites and projects to deliver across the two council areas including:
- Local Development Orders for employment areas to stimulate further economic growth;
- A number of Development Consent Orders for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs) including renewable energy, power distribution and highways projects;
- Large urban extensions at various stages of the planning process;
- a number of growing and high profile employment areas and sites
To respond to the number and scale of applications and projects we are looking to expand our Development Management team in addition to creating a new Strategic Growth team that will focus specifically on large scale projects. The following vacancies are available, to apply please visit our jobs website: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/index.aspx
- Area Planning Team Manager (Grade H, £47,588 - £53,011 pro rata, per annum)
- Principal Planning Officer (Grade G, £42,439 - £47,587 pro rata, per annum)
- Planning Officer (Grade D, £27,577 - £32,392 pro rata, per annum)
- Graduate Planning Officer (apprentice) (Grade C, £25,911 pro rata, per annum)
- Landscape Architect (Grade F, £36,936 - £42,438 pro rata, per annum)
- Ecology, Biodiversity and Tree Manager (Grade F, £36,936 - £42,438 pro rata, per annum)
- Assistant Conservation and Tree Officer (Grade C, £23,494 - £27,576 pro rata, per annum)
- Design Officer (Grade E, £32,393 - £36,935 pro rata, per annum)
- Heritage Officer (0.5 FTE) (Grade F, £36,936 - £42,438 pro rata, per annum)
- Lead the team in the provision of professional tree, ecology and biodiversity services to support the planning functions of the Council, giving advice and guidance to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including elected Members, developers and government agencies.
- Professional qualification in Tree/Landscape Management from a recognised body or national diploma in forestry or arboriculture or equivalent level 3 qualification in arboriculture.
- An ability to prepare reports on tree, ecology, biodiversity and development management issues which may need to be presented orally and in writing and be able to deal with any subsequent enquiries.
- Full UK Driving License
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
Please refer to the attached Role Profiles for further insights and job specifications.
If you have any questions about the roles available please contact Tracy Lincoln via email, Tracy.Lincoln@southnorfolkandbroadland.gov.uk
Closing date: 15 July 2022 at 11:30 PM
Interview date: Week commencing 25 July 2022
Apply by clicking on the 'Apply Button'