Principal Planning Officer
Salary: G10: £38,553 - £43,570 per annum
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Do you have a passion for local town planning?
If yes, help make a difference by using your knowledge and experience to drive forward improvements and enhancements to the natural, built and historic environment in Walsall.
Welcome to Walsall
Walsall is a regional town with a rich history and a bright future with potential to deliver significant development and investment projects and is working in collaboration with the West Midlands Combined Authority and other public partners to deliver regeneration projects. To support us, the Council has been awarded £11.4m from central government for the Future High Street Fund Programme. So now is the time to join our highly motivated, friendly and valued Planning & Building Control teams. By contributing to our investment in the service, you will be helping us to deliver excellent value to our customers.
The role includes:
- Providing advice in respect of planning and enforcement law, policy and guidance.
- To work effectively under pressure to observe deadlines and work independently and as part of a team.
- Prepare and present the Council’s case at relevant appeal procedures including public inquiries.
- Deal with a varied caseload of planning and enforcement work.
- Assisting the Team Leader to review and sign off reports for other members of the team
- You will need to be a qualified Town Planner and have a full driving license and access to a vehicle for carrying out site visits
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills especially the use of MS Office.
- You must be able to demonstrate significant development management and enforcement experience
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the very best staff and utilising all the talent and experience available. As such, we recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their working life with other priorities.
What Benefits can we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- Blended working from home/office
- Car mileage allowance
- Support for employee learning and career development.
- Membership of Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave and flexi leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
For further information and details of how to apply please Mike Brereton, Group Manager Planning on 01922 654753 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: 28 July 2022.
Apply by clicking on the 'Apply Button'
You will be also be expected to meet the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty. The post is politically restricted.