Development Management Senior Manager
Location: Bodicote but with opportunities to work flexibly
Salary: £61,094 - £65,110
Want to help shape the growth of a rapidly expanding district? And lead the Development Management service of a fast-moving local authority committed to delivery and improvement? Then this could be just the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Set in the beautiful rolling hills at the northern edge of the Cotswolds, Cherwell District Council serves a population of more than 150,000 people. But while the landscape may be picturesque, life here is not without its challenges.
We have a mix of rapidly growing urban communities with great potential and rural communities with their own needs and aspirations. Being situated on the Oxford-Cambridge arc and the M40 corridor, we are a huge draw for developers. But we also have community, place-shaping and infrastructure needs to address. Cherwell, however, is a bold and ambitious Council, with a strong track record of strategic programmes and initiatives that are tackling these challenges head on.
Working within the Council's Communities directorate, you'll be the lead officer for all matters relating to Development Management. As such, you'll have a crucial part to play in the continued growth and success of the district as a whole.
- Lead the Development Management service at a strategic and operational level, in way that delivers maximum value for money, achieves our ambitious growth targets and contributes positively to the future of the District.
- Play an active part in the planning, monitoring and delivery of future developments in the District, engaging local communities to build and maintain the public's trust in the process.
- Provide expert support and advice to the Planning Committee and other Council colleagues, ensure that all meetings comply with statutory requirements, and that planning applications are presented in a timely manner.
- Recruit, lead and manage a dedicated team of your own, and oversee their on-going professional development as the needs of the Council and the District evolve.
To rise to the challenge, you'll need a rather special set of qualities. Professional capabilities and practical experience are obviously important. But so too are the personal attributes you bring to the role.
- A degree or post-graduate qualification, accredited by the Royal Town Planning institute, and membership of the same organisation.
- Significant Development Management experience in a local government environment, with a specific focus on managing teams to deliver a high quality, customer-focused service.
- A depth and breadth of expertise that extends to all types of planning and development activities, including large-scale pre-applications, applications, appeals and enforcement issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, the ability to inspire and motivate your team, and the confidence and credibility to win the trust and respect of everyone you work with.
Please visit the microsite for more informatio by clicking on the 'Apply Button' https://www.cherwellambition.com/
Closing date: Monday 29th August 11.00am