At MAG we provide the airport facilities and travel services that people need to connect with the world. As the largest UK owned airport operator, we serve over 60 million passengers a year from Manchester, London Stansted, and East Midlands Airports. With over 270 destinations across the globe, our businesses not only bring people together but also support the prosperity of the regions in which we operate. At MAG, we recognise creating a first-class journey for our customers starts by creating a first-class career journey for our colleagues and we are committed to building inclusive environments in which our people can thrive. You'll also have access to some great benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 11% company contribution pension
- Car allowance
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Subsidised public transport
- Huge range of company discounts
As a Planning Manager here at MAG, reporting to Planning Services Director, you will be delivering a high- quality, professional planning service to the Airport Group. This will contain a wide range of land-use planning activity, including development strategy, master planning, policy development, scheme delivery and stakeholder relations, ensuring we both secure and maintain the long-term profitable growth of our business. You will also be responsible for securing planning and approvals via the submission of technically sound and evidence-based applications, to ensure timely delivery of key infrastructure. Throughout this role, you will be required to:
- Provide an efficient and high-quality development management service to internal and external customers and ensure compliance with town planning regulatory requirements whilst taking account of MAG' s commercial and business strategies.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders (particularly local authorities, partnerships, statutory agencies, and local representatives) to positively influence, shape and inform legislation, the regulatory framework, policies, strategies, and plans.
- Develop market-driven land use planning solutions, by regularly liaising with commercial, property, operational and service colleagues to understand their needs, so that customer and business needs can be anticipated, identified and satisfied both quickly and effectively.
- Prepare and submit evidence for, and appear at, public inquiries, hearings, planning committees and similar to justify, promote and defend MAG's position in respect of land use planning and related issues.
- Provide professional oversight and input into statutory aerodrome safeguarding consultations to ensure the continuing safe and efficient operation of runways at MAG's airports and support industry wide activity.
What will make you successful in the role?
You'll have a degree in Town and Country Planning or a closely related discipline, as well as a membership of either RTPI or RICS, with a minimum of 7 years post qualification experience. You'll be able to demonstrate an ability to look at issues strategically, with creative thinking, as well as possessing high quality inter-personal and negotiating skills. You'll also be results-driven, self-motivated, with a sound judgment and ability to manage your own workload while working within a team-working environment. You'll also be numerate with strong report writing skills, the ability to present well and be computer literate.
Equal Opportunities & Reasonable Adjustments
At MAG we believe in the importance of diversity & inclusion for all. We are committed to creating a workforce that is reflective of our society. As such we welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
We're also committed to well-being with a focus on mental health and supporting colleagues from underrepresented groups through our Colleague Resource Groups.
As a Disability Confident employer we are committed to creating an environment where candidates and employees can perform at their optimum. Please let us know if we can provide you with any reasonable adjustments to aid your application or interview process.
You can contact the team by emailing HR. Recruitment@MAGAirports.com
Our Colleague Resource Groups include: Women's Network, Embrace - Race & Ethnicity Group, Fly With Pride (LGBTQIA+), Mental Health, Parent & Carers, Disabilities including neurodiversity.