Do you aspire to be part of a green transition in an international growing company?
European Energy is a green energy company experiencing exponential growth. We develop, construct, and operate wind and solar PV projects globally and are at the forefront of the emerging green hydrogen/Power-to-X sectors. Our core values are the foundation of everything we do: In it together, Trust and Courage, Ambition, Excitement, Inclusion, and Agility.
Your New Team
You will be joining European Energy UK Limited, consisting of twelve colleagues working principally from our office in Glasgow. We are a committed and motivated team where knowledge sharing, trust, and open dialogues describe the very core of our collaboration. You will have various interfaces with the other teams in the business, have numerous opportunities to define your role, and grow as a professional.
Your New Role
Success and rapid growth have created an opportunity to join European Energy UK Limited´s business as Renewable Energy Developer reporting directly to the company’s Development Director. The Renewable Energy Developer is responsible for developing onshore renewable energy projects in the UK market to the ready-to-build (RTB) stage.
As Renewable Energy Developer you will be responsible for the development of utility-scale renewable energy generation and storage projects from their formative stages to the point of being construction-ready. The ideal candidate will have a track record in UK-based renewable energy project development and be able to manage stakeholders, driving forward all development activity and successfully navigating the consenting phase.
For projects where consent has already been achieved, the Renewable Energy Developer role will encompass planning condition discharge, identifying project risks and supporting our inhouse Engineering and Construction teams during the pre-construction and construction phases to ensure that projects are delivered according to planning consent until successful handover to our Asset Management team.
Areas of Responsibilities
- QSHE – Support and contribute to a strong culture of safety; prioritize quality, health, safety & environment; ensure our QSHE values flow through all aspects of project identification and development; adopt a mindset of continuous improvement & transparent reporting on all aspects of QSHE
- Delivery - Manage projects from their earliest development stage; and plan the transition into the construction phase well in advance, working closely with European Energy’s EPC department to prepare for a comprehensive handover
- Risk Management – Identify, monitor, assess, and manage all risks and issues with clear reporting, communication, and prioritization
- Business case – Contribute to financial models; identify project benefits; produce investment appraisals; identify project success criteria and present these to the country managers to achieve a financial investment decision
- You have a relevant bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law, Land Property, Planning, or a related Environmental discipline
- You have +2 years of relevant experience within a project environment
- Advantageous renewable energy industry experience
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- You have a valid driving licence
- You can work remotely & independently and be self-motivated within a supportive & collaborative company
- You are a creative problem solver
- You have a pro-active and diligent approach
- You can balance quality in the context of time & cost pressure
- An entrepreneurial approach to our work. In daily life, it means it is not far from thought to action
- Trusted responsibilities with opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally
- An opportunity to work with friendly, supportive, and collaborative colleagues who are actively contributing to a profitable, growing, and successful global group
- Competitive package and benefits including
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Cash back health plan for you and the family
About European Energy UK Limited
European Energy UK Limited is on track to deliver substantial growth in the coming years and is currently developing a pipeline of more than 800MW of solar, onshore wind, and energy storage projects across the UK. Our first solar project was constructed in 2023, with further projects located throughout the UK to be delivered into construction in 2024 and beyond.
Emergent – is structured for the modern workplace and the market and society it operates in.
Independent and Autonomous – offers a working environment with high levels of trust and respect, a collaborative and consultative approach, and a sense of shared and individual responsibility.
Well-resourced – backed by its parent company, European Energy A/S, which holds a total net equity of over €391m with an EBITDA of over €135m at the end of 2022. European Energy A/S provides various services to European Energy UK Limited from its specialist departments based in Copenhagen.
Flexibility- This role will be attached to the office in Glasgow however the company operates a flexible working policy
About European Energy Group
In 2023, the global European Energy Group welcomed 279 new colleagues and is now more than 700 colleagues with 44 nationalities represented in 21 countries and 28 offices globally.
The group has, since 2004, installed more than 2.0 GW of renewable energy capacity and is now a frontrunner in ‘Power-to-X’ deployment. The group’s mission is to be a significant force in the global transition to a fossil fuel-free society and represents the Power of Tomorrow, Today.
Location: Glasgow, UK and remotely
Reporting to: Adam Spearey, Director, European Energy UK
Application: You do not need to upload a cover letter for this position, but you are welcome to add a short text in your CV on why this position is interesting. Please be aware that European Energy does not receive applications via mail. To be considered for a job, we kindly ask you to upload your CV directly via the "apply" button on the right.
Deadline: We evaluate applications continuously, and we will close the job posting when we have found the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible.
For more information: Contact Talent Acquisition Specialist Camilla Astrup, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!